Sick, Limping Leghorn Hen! Help! Bumblefoot? Pics Added.

ChickLover98

The Chicken Princess
9 Years
Apr 24, 2010
Pennsylvania
Help me! My white leghorn hen hasnt laid in a few days and she seemed fine up until this morning. I went out to get the eggs and found her laying in the hay. SHe would not get up, so I picked her up and put her on the perch. I left, thinking nothing of it, but when my grandma noticed, she gave her some food and water. She will eat and drink, but she seems really weak. WHen I put her down, she spread her one wing out and laid there like that. I had to fold he rwing back in. I put her out in the grass to play and she tried to stand up. SHe got up and tried to walk, but she had a bad limp. It semed like she was limping on one foot in particular, so I picked her up and this is what I saw:

These are her feet:
55349_chickies_2010_151.jpg

55349_chickies_2010_152.jpg

This is what she looked like a few days ago:
55349_chickies_2010_129.jpg

This is what she looks like now. She limps and looks ill:
55349_chickies_2010_154.jpg

I have seen bumblefoot before, but I dont know if thats what it is... if so, what treatment can I give her?

If its not bumblefot, and anyone knows what it could be, please let me know so I can help her. The other hens keep pecking her and bugging her, so id like to help her fast!

Last edited:
I have been dealing with sore feet today too. My chicken has red irritated looking legs and feet into the webs.
I think yours is bumblefoot.
so what I have read is to soak in ipsom salt, rub with neosporin and wrap with vet tape.
If that doesnt clear it up, you will need anitbiodics.
good luck

Back
Top Bottom