sick mama hen

Hope hen

In the Brooder
Feb 7, 2020
Please help. She wasn’t like this in the morning. Progressively getting worse. Pale comb with a purple tint to it. She falling asleep standing up and shaking her head often. Not eating much that I’ve seen. Only poo was very little and greenish watery. She has 1 2 week old baby with her. I gave her nutridrench in her water. Not sure what else to do. :(

Do you think she could be dehydrated? I would bring her and the baby into a dog crate or pen, and try to get her drinking and feed some watery chick feed, scrambled egg, or canned cat food. Try to get her mostly eating the chick feed, but the others can coax her to eat.

Do you think she could be dehydrated? I would bring her and the baby into a dog crate or pen, and try to get her drinking and feed some watery chick feed, scrambled egg, or canned cat food. Try to get her mostly eating the chick feed, but the others can coax her to eat.
I have her and baby in the garage now. With a heating pad available if they want it. I gave her a mil of nutridrench. And electrolytes in the water. I was thinking dehydrated to. But chicken illnesses are new to me. They have chick feed. She did take a drink on her own. But had to put it in her face so she would drink. :/

When I had a hen who was weak and unable to eat or drink, I held a small bowl up to her beak every few hours and tapped it, threw a few crumbles on it to stimulate her to peck at it. I hope that she perks up by morning. Does the chick appear to be eating and drinking, and looking alert?

When I had a hen who was weak and unable to eat or drink, I held a small bowl up to her beak every few hours and tapped it, threw a few crumbles on it to stimulate her to peck at it. I hope that she perks up by morning. Does the chick appear to be eating and drinking, and looking alert?
Thanks I will try more with her tomorrow. Yes the chick is happy healthy. Eating drinking. And pecking at me when I help mama. Lol.

I’m pretty confident she has sour crop.. absolutely have liquid coming from her beak.

Attachments

• B87A5FF8-E2E8-4B44-819E-7C04407B9DFA.png
    B87A5FF8-E2E8-4B44-819E-7C04407B9DFA.png
    767.6 KB · Views: 4

Back
Top Bottom