sick muscovy

chickenlver2013

Songster
6 Years
Mar 26, 2013
Bean-Station, Tennessee
Something has happened to my muscovy. This hasn't happened until I put her in the chicken pen (she made a nest in there) so I've been keeping her in there. I came home the other day and found that her eye has been shut. I opened it and her eye looks swolen all she does is sit around anymore. Today we couldn't find her and she ended up in the pampas bush where we couldn't find her. All she does is sit anymore

this is the other eye for comparison
She may have gotten pecked in the eye by one of the chickens, can you get some saline eye wash or Veterycin spray which is for infections and wounds, the Veterycin can be found at TSC but I'd say either pecked or she got something in there. The other eye looks healthy.

What is the saline were wash
you can find it at most drug stores and grocery stores, it's basically salt water in a eye wash. if there is something in there it should wash it out but you may have to do it a few times. also Terrimycin eye ointment can be bought at feed stores and can be of help for infections. In the mean time put some Apple Cider Vinegar in her drinking water so she can duck her head and wash her eyes out real good. ACV acts as an astringent and will help too. ACV is also good for them to drink chickens too.1-2 Tab to 1 gal of water.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom