Sick pet duck, advice would be of great help!

She is similar, I have her inside because its pouring with rain outside and she is eating quarter handfuls of food so really small amounts but is eating nevertheless, she has lost a bit of weight though

She is similar, I have her inside because its pouring with rain outside and she is eating quarter handfuls of food so really small amounts but is eating nevertheless, she has lost a bit of weight though

Keeping her inside where it's warm is very important.

-Kathy

Keeping her inside where it's warm is very important.

-Kathy
Did you say your giving her vitamins in her drinking water? How is her poop looking now that she has eaten some?

Did you check for an egg stuck? although if she hasn't laid since last week I really don't think she'd still be with you if she was egg bound. she would be deteriorating pretty fast or my duck did anyway.

I'd still check for an egg though just to completely rule that out.

Hey! I am not giving her vitamins yet, but i think i will grab some today, ill also check for the egg today, the poop is still the same, she only eats really small amounts.. But there the odor is usual stuff so nothing too out of place there.

Well it has been about 4 days, i don't think there is an egg because her vent seems fine and she doesn't seem to be straining. She is pecking around and wagging her tail when i pat her but she just doesn't seem to want to eat, and still fairly lazy..

Well it has been about 4 days, i don't think there is an egg because her vent seems fine and she doesn't seem to be straining. She is pecking around and wagging her tail when i pat her but she just doesn't seem to want to eat, and still fairly lazy..
Is she eating at all? Is she still losing weight? Have you given her a flush?

@zams1006 I would def get her started on some poultry vitamins that may just kick in her immune system.

Might be a good idea to try a flush on her too can you get activated charcoal, it's in the antacid isle at pharmacies here.

@zams1006 I would def get her started on some poultry vitamins that may just kick in her immune system.

Might be a good idea to try a flush on her too can you get activated charcoal, it's in the antacid isle at pharmacies here.

And if you can't find it at the pharmacy (my stores no longer carry it) I finally found activated charcoal at the health food store.

Back
Top Bottom