Sick roo bubbling sound from lungs

Another update:

It's been a while now, he looks fine and I've been finding healthy looking crap around the yard so I think it should be safe to say that he is no longer contagious (if he ever was). Now I have a new problem. But, he wont crow and doesn't seem to be willing to even attempt to fly (it's not weakness because he runs back and forth and I've seen him attempt to court the pullets inside their run The only sound he makes is a growl/whine to let me know he's not happy and he just paces around the yard like a depressed little puppy. Would it be a terrible idea to try to reintegrate him with the flock?

I feel bad for this guy. There are plenty of good places for him to roost close to where he frequents but at the end of the day he's just pathetically running in circles trying to figure out why he can't be in the barn.

As long as he doesn’t go back with other cockerels or roosters, he probably could be reinteoduced to some pullets or hens gradually. A dog crate with his own food and water inside the coop or run is a good way to gradually do that. After a few days or a week, then try some free ranging with them if you are around to watch them. If he goes back with roosters, he is liable to get hurt.

Back
Top Bottom