Sick rooster?

ddpittman

Chirping
Oct 7, 2015
Osteen, FL
This morning my Orp cross rooster, Spirit, was huddled in the corner of the run moaning. He has been in some fights with one of my other roosters, & his comb is damaged, but he has seemed fine otherwise. After everyone left, he went over & ate, & poop seemed normal, but he's not acting normally. His face is pale too. Help!

This morning my Orp cross rooster, Spirit, was huddled in the corner of the run moaning. He has been in some fights with one of my other roosters, & his comb is damaged, but he has seemed fine otherwise. After everyone left, he went over & ate, & poop seemed normal, but he's not acting normally. His face is pale too. Help!

give him water with vitamins or electrolytes. he might be in shock watch him. .

Thanks! We bought some electrolytes & he ran out of his quarantine, but we caught him & brought him back. Hopefully, he'll be better by tomorrow.

Spirit died. He stayed in the coop all day,but got paler & paler. We saw him fall over in death throes & put him out of his misery. We plucked & butchered him to see if there was any obvious injury. We didn't see any. No big wounds or anything like that. Our gamecock didn't attack him again, so I am wondering what actually killed him. Do you think it was shock?

Spirit died. He stayed in the coop all day,but got paler & paler. We saw him fall over in death throes & put him out of his misery. We plucked & butchered him to see if there was any obvious injury. We didn't see any. No big wounds or anything like that. Our gamecock didn't attack him again, so I am wondering what actually killed him. Do you think it was shock?

sorry for your loss.it is hard to tell what might have happened. sometimes chickens get sick and die for no obvious reason.

Back
Top Bottom