Sick Silkie, can't walk, was acting drunk, now seems to have energy but can't use legs

So sorry to hear this.
sad.png

If you cull him and want to have a necropsy done, put him into a plastic bag and into the fridge.This will keep the tissues preserved for testing. Do not freeze! This will destroy sensitive tissues.

Well we picked him up and lunchtime to go and cull him and someone mentioned a chopping block and that bird got all excited and started flapping and putting up a fuss so we figured he might actually have something in him so we decided we would give him another day. However he passed away this afternoon on his own account.

We won't be doing a necropsy.

Hopefully no one else is sick...

Thank you everyone for your help

I know this was a couple of years ago, but I'm now experiencing the same with my silkies. I came across your thread and I'm curious to know if any others fell ill. I continue reading online and everyone says if it's Marek's, it's highly contagious. However, no one posts the time line. How long does one bird need to be isolated? What is the window for infection? Are they already contagious when they start showing symptoms? If one bird in a flock kept in close quarters has marek's, is it inevitable for all of them to succumb to the disease? Thanks for any advice.

Back
Top Bottom