Sick silkie possible coccidiosis?

agold23

Songster
May 25, 2021
I have a 1 yo silkie hen who 3 days ago has started showing some startling symptoms, which look like coccidiosis or some other kind of worm/parasite. She is lethargic, puffy feathers, she crouches outside with her head under her wings, she walks very slowly and the times Ive seen her poop they’ve been watery with little to no urate. The worst part is the 5 week old chick she has who she hasn’t been taking care of (even though they’re pretty self sufficient at this age)

We treated with Corid (5ml/1 gallon) for 2 days with no improvement and now we’ve moved to electrolytes (1tsp/1 gallon) but I haven’t seen her drink so I’ll probably have to bring out the syringe. We’ve also been giving her high protein foods multiple times a day and she really loves scrambled eggs. Is there anything else we should do? What could this be?

We treated with Corid (5ml/1 gallon) for 2 days with no improvement and now we’ve moved to electrolytes (1tsp/1 gallon) but I haven’t seen her drink so I’ll probably have to bring out the syringe.

Can you post some photos of her and her poop?

Have you checked for lice/mites, crop emptying?
Is she molting after being broody?

A 5 wk old chick can take care of itself.

Liquid Corid dose is 2tsp per gallon of water.

Back
Top Bottom