Sick silkie

makaylaL

In the Brooder
Jun 6, 2016
I just got a new silkie that was shipped to me and she is coughing and sneezing, i took her to the vet and they said she has an upper respiatory infection and gave me antibiotics for it. the lady who shipped her to me said that non of her birds where sick and that she shipped others out on that same day and non of them got sick while being shipped. she put cream corn in the box and i was wondering if mabey the silkie inhaled the corn and it got in her lungs, could that have made her sick?

That could of happened? Chickens do carry disease that will only show signs once the bird is stressed...Chickens can not handle stress well at all...Even changing things around in your coop and run can cause hens stress...So moving to a new home has for sure rattled her world...Give the meds and see how she does..

Cheers!

It's more likely that your chicken either contracted or was born with CRD and stress from shipping brought on the illness. Did your vet tell you exactly what it was? Assuming bacterial if your treating with antibiotics. Did they do blood work?

It's more likely that your chicken either contracted or was born with CRD and stress from shipping brought on the illness. Did your vet tell you exactly what it was? Assuming bacterial if your treating with antibiotics. Did they do blood work?
X2.

-Kathy

Back
Top Bottom