Sickly black silkies

jnlo3000

Chirping
10 Years
Jun 9, 2013
This year I have had no luck with black silkies. I got a handful from 2 different farms and one batch who I got at about 20weeks old started to die off about 2 months ago. Symptoms were generally the same: swollen eyes, little nasal discharge and raspy sounding. They typically develop quickly and I was able to treat a few including pulling cottage cheese looking goo out of there eyes. Giving them antibiotics and keeping them isolated for 1-2 weeks. All would do well briefly and then with no real recurring symptoms be dead within 24 hours. This has only happened with my black silkies. My white silkies and splash are doing fine as are my other birds which include RIR, NHR, leghorns, Austrolops brahmas marans welsummers Mille flours Cochins etc.
Very odd.

I answered in your other thread. You have a respiratory disease. I don't know why it only strikes your black silkies, but all of your birds are now carriers, just by being exposed to it. MG (CRD) and infectious coryza are the usual ones to cause your symptoms.

Thanks. Didn't mean to duplicate postings. The other said failed to connect (on my phone). Grrr

Back
Top Bottom