<sigh> does this sound like a humidity issue?

Some of what DID hatch :)

thumbsup.gif
Look at the variety!! Awesome. Congrats!

I heard from a local fellow that hatched eggs from my chickens, and he got 15 out of 18 to hatch in his incubator... so that confirms it is something I'm doing, or my bator. He did say the membranes were crazy tough (as mine are, even in my eating eggs). His humidity was a bit higher at the beginning (30-35-ish) and a bit lower at the end (60-65ish), so I am going to give that a shot and see if I get any different results. I'll load the incubator this weekend and see how it goes this time. I'll get this yet!!!

Just wanted to update the thread.

I heard from a local fellow that hatched eggs from my chickens, and he got 15 out of 18 to hatch in his incubator... so that confirms it is something I'm doing, or my bator. He did say the membranes were crazy tough (as mine are, even in my eating eggs). His humidity was a bit higher at the beginning (30-35-ish) and a bit lower at the end (60-65ish), so I am going to give that a shot and see if I get any different results. I'll load the incubator this weekend and see how it goes this time. I'll get this yet!!!

I'm sure you will! Good luck!! (30/35% is my prefered range too.)

I heard from a local fellow that hatched eggs from my chickens, and he got 15 out of 18 to hatch in his incubator... so that confirms it is something I'm doing, or my bator.  He did say the membranes were crazy tough (as mine are, even in my eating eggs).  His humidity was a bit higher at the beginning (30-35-ish) and a bit lower at the end (60-65ish), so I am going to give that a shot and see if I get any different results.  I'll load the incubator this weekend and see how it goes this time.  I'll get this yet!!!

How's the new batch doing?

How's the new batch doing?
I just started the incubator on Sunday the 21st - so I will know in a couple weeks :). HOPING to do better. My broody should hatch hers next tuesday-ish. She's been pretty good about keeping her nest up, so I'm hoping she does better than me. I'm trying to figure out what to do with her as she is in the coop (general population) and I want to protect the chicks. I'd hate to move her and have her abandon her nest. Might just put a few chicken wire panels around her when it gets to be hatching time, then move her and the chicks together somewhere safer.

Back
Top Bottom