Sign of the times ...and How did they know?

I had a couch that we set at the end of the road (just waiting to go to the dump) The couch was an awful pink, it was from my grandmother in the early 90's, it was torn up from my cat, and we had a very bad episode with fleas, so out went the couch. I just didn't want it in my house anymore. Later that evening, after we had a terrible downpour, I see this tiny little two door car pull up. The guy puts the couch on his roof (no rope or ties of anysort) and with his hand out his window, drives away with it!
ep.gif
I still wonder to this day what he did with that couch.

Okay I admit it.....

I have spent the better part of the last week building a new garden tool shed out of plywood (3/4 sanded exterior grade) that my boss wanted hauled to the dump.

and when it is done, I have a "new" cast iron door mat for it waiting in the truck (from my dumpster)

Ever watch "Hoarders"? That's what happens to those old pink couches and things. It's about the only reality TV show I'll watch, because it really puts me in the mood to clean up my house!

Take any crap outside, put a sign on it that says $10 OBO, it'll be gone.

Seriously, falling apart, broken crap - they'll take it.

The best was ages ago, the rotten, falling apart couch that barely had a cover, stunk like wet dog, had springs visible, etc, etc, etc. Drug it out for trash, but put the sign on it because DH said no person would take that couch, and I couldn't pass up the chance.

Not only did some idiot take the couch, they taped $20 to our door.

I don't know if it was in sympathy for having that couch, or if they REALLY wanted it.

I just know we had dinner for 2 weeks because DH said no one would want that couch.

Quote:
lol.png
lol.png
lol.png
I've had a couch that I got sympathy for having before...

And just how, these inquiring minds want to know, do you eat for two for Two weeks on $20 these days? Or was that just as long ago as when I had that couch?

Quote:
lol.png
lol.png
lol.png
I've had a couch that I got sympathy for having before...

And just how, these inquiring minds want to know, do you eat for two for Two weeks on $20 these days? Or was that just as long ago as when I had that couch?

I would like to know as well. two weeks on 20 smakers cant be done these days.
hmm.png

I think I might put up a sign this weekend at curbcycle for "alot of crap for 20 bux".
tongue.png

Your trash was a day late because of the holiday? Our pick-up day is Mondays. Monday they picked it up. When they picked up on July 4th they were actually early, probably because a bunch of stops before us didn't think they would pick up so didn't have their trash out. Last Monday I had a bag of chicken innards out there, would have been funny if it got stolen!

One man's trash is another man's treasure-----ain't that the truth. Here's what I made out of a ferret cage on the lawn of someones house with a "Free" sign on it. I turned it into my introduction cage to integrate my incubated juveniles to the adult flock, been using it for years now.

36435_introcage.jpg

Back
Top Bottom