Sign Petition to stop GMO Alfalfa from entering circulation

How are round up resistant plants GMO?

Do you mean plants that develop the resistance naturally?
If so, then that's not GMO, that's the basses of evolution through adaptation.

They have been modified to BE Round-Up resistant

I'm not talking about plants that have developed a natural resistance.​

I think about antibiotic resistant bacteria, and know I understand the bedbug is back, but this time it is resistant to DDT..

DDT had been banned in this country for close to 40 years (1972) , so it doesn't matter if they are resistant to it​

In my nutrition classes we learned that while GMO produce and organic/heritage produce may have the same nutrients (maybe), that even if they do - the body doesn't absorb it.

For some unknown reason, nutritionists can't figure out why, but the human body is absolutely terrible at breaking down fake things. The human body notices even when the scientific eye doesn't. Every single test can come back saying 2 things are exactly structurally molecularly the same - but the GMO or lab-made foods get absorbed at an abysmal (like 10%!) rate.

Why is it we don't have to feed our chickens 10 X more feed then?

Or does it only apply to humans, in which case my question would be why aren't people starving while eating these grains?

Do you have sources for any of those studies?​

Quote:
They have been modified to BE Round-Up resistant

I'm not talking about plants that have developed a natural resistance.

ah, well then I apologize , I must have mis read

Quote:

Or does it only apply to humans, in which case my question would be why aren't people starving while eating these grains?

Do you have sources for any of those studies?

I wouldn't know, I only studied human nutrition. It's in my schoolbooks so I'll have to get back to you on sources once I locate the appropriate paragraphs.
smile.png

Quote:

As for chickens and such, I would assume once you are full, you are full... generally a crop has a max amount of feed it can hold. Remember, some of that space is taken up with sand and dirt which a bird's body filters out the end
wink.png

That said, there is no way to tell if they are getting the nutrition they need either. We as humans don't get the nutrition we need for sure, we fill up on excess fats and empty calories... so we are filling gaps in our system with things our system doesn't need. It just gets washed away (or worse, sticks to us causing body function issues, diabeties & maybe even cancer). More and more Americans are be prescribed vitamins from our doctors to make up for what we lack. Its more likely to be a combination of foods lacking the nutrition they once had, and us choosing a completely poor diet of Mc D's and frozen pizza.
tongue.gif

But I will go try to find the link to the increase in the feed from the cows, and whatever else I can come across on the issue as well.

Though I believe Round-up and GMO produce is poisoning our planet and the future of the soil.... I also see it as an obvious threat they are just not as healthy for us to consume. I also don't believe over time they will be cost effective enough.

Last edited:
Quote:

As for chickens and such, I would assume once you are full, you are full... generally a crop has a max amount of feed it can hold. Remember, some of that space is taken up with sand and dirt which a bird's body filters out the end
wink.png

That said, there is no way to tell if they are getting the nutrition they need either. We as humans don't get the nutrition we need for sure, we fill up on excess fats and empty calories... so we are filling gaps in our system with things our system doesn't need. It just gets washed away (or worse, sticks to us causing body function issues, diabeties & maybe even cancer). More and more Americans are be prescribed vitamins from our doctors to make up for what we lack. Its more likely to be a combination of foods lacking the nutrition they once had, and us choosing a completely poor diet of Mc D's and frozen pizza.
tongue.gif

But I will go try to find the link to the increase in the feed from the cows, and whatever else I can come across on the issue as well.

Though I believe Round-up and GMO produce is poisoning our planet and the future of the soil.... I also see it as an obvious threat they are just not as healthy for us to consume. I also don't believe over time they will be cost effective enough.

I should mention that 'starvation' is not defined either as being a lack of food in the system, medically speaking. Like the crop comment, one can be completley full and starving. It's harder to see the signs because the human body can live quite a long time in a starvation mode garnered from the lack of nutrients in their diet. They -are- killing themselves slowly and a good majority of American people, medically speaking, are starving. That's why there's a continuous barrage of fad vitamins and minerals - the people know something is wrong with their body and want to fix it, but they don't know what. We're not dumb, we know our bodies are starving - it's why humans will start eating more to make up for that lack of nutrients. It's amazing how little food the human body actually needs to survive if given the correct balance of food. Problem is, people are still eating the fillers to try and fill the hole up that's being caused by a vitamin deficiency, not the definition of 'hunger' they are used to. We get enough vitamins and minerals to piece together a semblance of health for quite a long period of time before our body shuts down and starts becoming less immune to the hosts of diseases (diabetes, heart complications). So technically one doesn't die of starvation, but disease caused by starvation. Obesity, while this sounds odd, is actually caused by a level of starvation. Medical issues aside, you can weigh a great deal, eat a great deal, be perfectly healthy looking and still be starving. It's just time after that.

That said, there is no way to tell if they are getting the nutrition they need either.

It's fairly easy to tell when an animal isn't getting proper nutrition based on body condition, and in the case of chickens, egg production.

People eat relatively little GMO products as a percentage of their total diets, so it would be hard to see any effects outside a clinical/experimental situation​

Quote:
It's fairly easy to tell when an animal isn't getting proper nutrition based on body condition, and in the case of chickens, egg production.

People eat relatively little GMO products as a percentage of their total diets, so it would be hard to see any effects outside a clinical/experimental situation

What I meant by that is, you can tell if something is wrong with your birds. I don't think you'd be able to pick the bird up and say, its so under weight it must be poor nutrients in their diet. Chances are to be able to look at them and see it, chances are there are more serious issues at that point... like a sickness that was set on from it. You'd need to bring them to avain vet for them to really tell you if its from their food. You know what I'm saying? Maybe its just not coming out well.

Quote:

People eat relatively little GMO products as a percentage of their total diets, so it would be hard to see any effects outside a clinical/experimental situation

What I meant by that is, you can tell if something is wrong with your birds. I don't think you'd be able to pick the bird up and say, its so under weight it must be poor nutrients in their diet. Chances are to be able to look at them and see it, chances are there are more serious issues at that point... like a sickness that was set on from it. You'd need to bring them to avain vet for them to really tell you if its from their food. You know what I'm saying? Maybe its just not coming out well.

Well you wouldn't be able to tell the specific nutrients a hen is lacking without a full-panel blood test and who gets those? While starvation is usually visible, like I said earlier, it also cannot be. Starvation does not automatically equal thin, sick or ragged. There's so many nutritents, macronutrients, micronutrients etc etc and they all have a MYRIAD of uses... cholesterol and fat both are necessary to sleeken up your arteries to help other nutrients be absorbed. Without vitamin A you can be anemic because Vitamin A helps your body absorb Iron and Magnesium. So you can be getting enough iron and still be deficient because of a different matter.

And without a full-scale blood test and some really really careful hawk-like bird watching, you'd really not know until it was a bit late. A lot of these illnesses are so slow acting that by the time you notice, it's been going on awhile.

Back
Top Bottom