Sign Petition to stop GMO Alfalfa from entering circulation

And it will probably go that route... and we will not win, since talks with Whole Foods came out choosing Monsanto's side
sad.png

However, I want it documented I was against this from the beginning! You know what I mean...
wink.png
That gives me a big 'ol "I TOLD YOU SO!" in my pocket for later.
lol.png

They know for a FACT that the GMO corn and canola has contaminated non-GMO crops. There are documented cases of Monsanto hunting down farmers (here and in Canada too), and judges saying it doesn't matter how it got there (which would include Monsanto sneaking in and planting it there on purpose just so they could then sue them doesn't it) so why in the world would they set up yet another contamination? The government is supposed to protect citizens from foreign AND domestic threats... what in the nine hells are they thinking?

You know, I'm actually surprised people are surprised Whole Foods sold out.

I've never even been there and judging by the prices people were telling me, it was pretty obvious they cared more about money than people. (Dr. Bronners Castile soap? Not Castile)

I know they would sell out... but who in their right mind decided Whole Foods speaks for the organic community? We're made up of PEOPLE not corporate bank accounts. I don't see why the people didn't get a vote. Mrs. Obama cares so much for what we eat... shouldn't she push things on the USDA before she's off negotiating with Walmart?! PLEASE!

http://www.monsantowatch.org/

It's
not just Monsanto, they have the full cooperation of our government. A lot of the farming "aid" we give to other countries (including Iraq and Afghanistan) is in the form of seeds, from Monsanto and companies like it, that the people have no choice but to use. As a result, people are growing crops that are not suitable to their environment, and many of the heirloom crops that they have been growing for generations are disappearing. Whole Foods is pretty much just a big food company now. I try to stick with our local co op.

Back
Top Bottom