My first attempt........ Not too shabby...!

A question for you guys ........................... Gary, my husband said the ribbon tails on my ribbon look odd. I have them asymmetrical on purpose, what do you guys think, are they odd looking this way, would they be better symmetrical?
My sister asked why it wasn't even at first too but i said I thought you were trying to make them look the way an actual ribbon does, if that's what you were going for i think it turned out good. she agreed.

My sister asked why it wasn't even at first too but i said I thought you were trying to make them look the way an actual ribbon does, if that's what you were going for i think it turned out good. she agreed.
Yes, I was going for a twisted ribbon type look, the ribbons I was looking at when I made the pattern had that look. My father and brother have told me w/o the shading the effect is lost though. If I did them symmetrical I would do both the way the one on the rt is, but to me that looked a lot like pliers.

A question for you guys ........................... Gary, my husband said the ribbon tails on my ribbon look odd. I have them asymmetrical on purpose, what do you guys think, are they odd looking this way, would they be better symmetrical?
Agreed with the shading statement. If shading was involved, the longer tail would look awesome, but without it, I'd stick with symmetrical tails... just my two cents.

Cool, is that your first time changing colors too?
Thanks guys! Yeah, it was my first time changing colors like this. I knew how to do it, but I've never done it. On other projects, I wouldn't need to switch so frequent so I'd just tie the yarn together (my german grandmother would have killed me! i can just hear her now "you NEVER put a knot in your crocheting"). So I'll experiment a little bit more. The tricky part is going to be getting the exact 8 inch squares... I used one of the patterns on the one I posted, except I had to start on row 3 and remove 2 stitches off each side.

PS, I would love to see that Puff Stitch pattern if you get it working!

No knots in your crochet, boy she wouldn't like my work either, not only do I knot, but I fabric glue the yarn as I knot it! lol

Bet she thought the back side of embroider work should look like the front side too, the older generation of avid embroiderers I knew felt that way, I always did good to make one side presentable!

No knots in your crochet, boy she wouldn't like my work either, not only do I knot, but I fabric glue the yarn as I knot it! lol

Bet she thought the back side of embroider work should look like the front side too, the older generation of avid embroiderers I knew felt that way, I always did good to make one side presentable!
Haha! She also had a saying that said something like "Lange saite faul madchen" which translates to "Long string lazy girl," that she would always say to my older sister. (I guess i'm lucky that saying doesn't exist for boys... :) ). The older generation really takes pride in their needlework... and not only in the final product, but in the whole process as well.

Back
Top Bottom