Signs of Spring.

A dandilion is in bloom at my house and there are red breasted robins now so sping is begining and the geese are flying
big_smile.png

Well I have mud where I used to have grass, from going back and forth to the chicken coop! The girls eat any grass that manages to come up through the snow! DH said to forget about my garden!!!

Here in CT for the past few years we have been seeing robins all through the winter. Some of them are no longer heading south for the cold weather. That used to be one of the first signs of spring. Well, yesterday I noticed a large flock of robins on my front lawn and I realized that ALL the robins are back! And I'm hearing them sing again. Still waiting for the first red winged black bird. Daffodils are just starting to poke out of the ground.

Oh well - guess what? It's freezing here this morning and getting colder by the minute. We are supposed to have SNOW and ice later this evening. So much for all the flowers that are in bloom and our propane tank is empty and after $1,500 in refills for a month I had said it would stay empty till next winter. Guess winter wasn't over after all. Now all you cold weather people can laugh and say "ahhh haaa - serves her right for bragging about spring being there already".
smile.png

We have a 15+ acre marsh that backs up to our backyard, is a wildlife sanctuary and over that past few weeks we've had the canada geese trickling in but this morning as we headed out to school about 200 geese came flying in over our heads, it was spectacular! The real signs of spring here though are when the sand hill cranes & blue heron return!
woot.gif

The back yard is still muddy from the dogs and all the rain, but the front yard is getting over grown and needs mowing, there are daffodils blooming and we have crocus popping up here and there....weeds too.

Back
Top Bottom