Silkie and Brahma sexing

mygirlScout

In the Brooder
11 Years
Jun 4, 2008
South Lyon, Michigan
I've asked about this light brahma before, and I've never gotten a for sure answer. I took "him" back to the farm to swap him out, but they were pretty sure he was a hen. Now, I'm about 100% positive it's a rooster, but don't want to drive out there unless it is for sure a rooster.

rooster.jpg

Next are the silkies.

Silkie #1
brownie.jpg

Silkie #2
marsha.jpg

Silkies together
silkiebabies.jpg

This silkie I'm not sure on. It is not from the same person as the last 2 silkies are, so I can't really compare them.
rosesilkie-1.jpg

Thanks in advance!!

Last edited:
I'd really like to see that brahma's face. It has those few feathers sticking up in the back that look like sickle feathers, but I have a definite hen that has a few mangled feathers sticking up in the back too.
The silkies I wouldn't even hazard a guess on. Those things still confuse me.
hu.gif

We had two Light Brahma hens that we had a heck of a time telling. We looked at lots of different pictures to make a determination. There is so little difference in appearance. Ours had well formed tails with sickles even. A front pic might help but from what I can see it looks like that is a hen. As for the silkies..... No idea. We got two silkies, one from a pretty reputable silkie breeder that told us it was a hen. Turns out it really is a roo. Now we are hoping the one that is supposed to be a roo really is a hen.

Back
Top Bottom