Silkie bantams

ZooZoo

Songster
12 Years
Mar 21, 2007
Northern New Jersey
I am thinking of getting some bantam silkies because they seem like theyd be great to have around as pets! Whats their temperment? Are the females very loud? I have a a pair of bantam rosecombs that love to be very loud, so im looking for a quieter breed. Any info would be appreciated.

Pics of your silkies would be great too!

Last edited:
imo there is nothing better,,,,quiet ,gentle,, sweet, cute, fuzzy ,,interesting ,
ahh they are my favorite,,,incase you couldnt tell,,,

They can be loud, just depends on the personality of the bird.
As far as temperament it just depends on the bird. I have some that were meaner then mean and some as sweet as can be. For the most part they seem to have a friendly, outgoing personality.
I have some little monsters right now (downright spoiled is what happened) and they try to jump on me and pull at my pant legs and want attention or treats whenever they see me. They were raised in the house (note to self: do NOT hatch chicks in fall!) so they think they are little people...lol!
6f562401.jpg

One of the spoiled babies.
100_2756.jpg

A grey
100_2844.jpg

A blue
100_2896.jpg

Some splashes

thank you,,,thank you,,finally figured out how to post a picture,now i if i can get good and post more than one at a time,,,,lol
lol, but i cannot believe we are talking about the same birds here,,,,lol
i havent seen a mean one yet,,,,,i have been lucky then,

lol, it takes practice I guess. I think that means I'm on here too much...lol.

I will say, I've never gotten a mean bird from you, Wendy.
smile.png
I did have a very nasty Silkie roo (my first Silkie) who would attack anyone and anything he saw. That grey one I had shipped (the one in the pic...finally figured out he's a she...yay!! ) is not so nice and is rather anti-social.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom