Silkie breeding, genetics & showing

Yes, this is what I would prefer to not breed from. Now not all chicks will inherit, but I definitely would not breed from two parents with this fault.
Thank you! Just wanted to confirm, now I will surely pet him out.
smile.png

I have the possibility on getting a gorgeous black roo, but he has some red leakage on his hackles. None of his offspring girls developed leakage but some of the boys did. Some of his brothers don't have any leakage but their offspring do.I know he won't be good for showing but what about breeding?

I have the possibility on getting a gorgeous black roo, but he has some red leakage on his hackles. None of his offspring girls developed leakage but some of the boys did. Some of his brothers don't have any leakage but their offspring do.I know he won't be good for showing but what about breeding?  

Poulettes,
Your blue birds are all gorgeous. I especially like the medium blue. I am still learning about blacks, so I grabbed my ABA book which says:
"Lacings of a foreign color on the black or blue variety of males one year old and scarcity of foot feathering shall not be a disqualification but they are to be rated under birds that do not have theses defects." Sonoran or Destiny or DragonLady might be better able to address the leakage in terms of breeding and what you could expect in offspring.

Thank you,
I love blues!
Talking about blue silkies, my blue (last picture) Sophie isn't doing better. I am quite worried about her. I am starting to wonder if she doesn't have brain damage / head injury. She is extremely lethargic, sleeps all day with her head tucked in, barely moves, doesn't eat or drink and when I put her back in the coop on top of the roost with the other ones, she didn't have any balance. I had to bring her back inside the house where it is warm and cozy. I will wait a few days to see how she does
fl.gif
. Any suggestions?

Back
Top Bottom