Silkie breeding, genetics & showing

Quote:
how many is all of them? I mean walnut comb is dominant over single so you would expect atleast 75% of them being a walnut
So far each chick from her has been single comb. Albeit I only let her hatch small clutches, so 5 in total over the last 6 months. I thought some walnut combs should be in the mix but so far only single. Can a recessive gene in both parents make it a dominant one in chicks?

So far each chick from her has been single comb. Albeit I only let her hatch small clutches, so 5 in total over the last 6 months. I thought some walnut combs should be in the mix but so far only single. Can a recessive gene in both parents make it a dominant one in chicks?
I think if you hatch more than 10 chick you would have the walnut chick you desire... you cant be that unlucky, I mean in small numbers you can expect all kinds of ratios, even 100% where this would seem impossible when you hatch more than 20 eggs

Baby Jingle is growing up! Gave her a bath today and snapped some pictures. Any critiques? We already went over the tail feathers looking stiff, but figured that might be because I haven't properly "primped" her, and she also has a lot of waxy feathers.

I'm starting a Porcelain Silkie project this year, and was wondering if any of the Silkie experts out there had any advice to offer me? My only pullet started laying last week, I'm so excited!
big_smile.png

Baby Jingle is growing up! Gave her a bath today and snapped some pictures. Any critiques? We already went over the tail feathers looking stiff, but figured that might be because I haven't properly "primped" her, and she also has a lot of waxy feathers.

Jingle is getting so big! What a beautiful bird!!
love.gif

Jingle is getting so big! What a beautiful bird!!
love.gif

Beautiful girl. She looks a lot like her mother(?) that you used to post a lot on here, I think her name was Icelynn? Is she still doing well?
Thanks guys =D Yes Rachel good memory! Icelynn is her mother, she's doing well, still has that calcified egg in her abdomen and looks pretty ragged but still well =) Here she is on the same day I took those pictures of Jingle

and here are a few others I have, Everyone is in their awful winter drab lol

Thanks guys =D Yes Rachel good memory! Icelynn is her mother, she's doing well, still has that calcified egg in her abdomen and looks pretty ragged but still well =) Here she is on the same day I took those pictures of Jingle and here are a few others I have, Everyone is in their awful winter drab lol
You have frizzle bantams! I have one little girl called freckles. I was wondering if you showed them or something like that?

Back
Top Bottom