Silkie chick not eating/drinking

EliHowland

In the Brooder
Jun 7, 2021
I have a maybe 3 month old silkie that has stopped eating and drinking occasionally it will peck at some food but only when I encourage it. The poops look normal and all the other ones it was with are 100% fine. I gave this one electrolytes and everything but no luck so far. Please help if you know what’s wrong with it.
FD9D59B4-127C-4F80-B3D1-66FE250B4E2A.jpeg

Also should add it won’t move around at all it sits in the same spot no matter what and won’t move for anything.

Also should add it won’t move around at all it sits in the same spot no matter what and won’t move for anything.
Do you have any other birds that may have pecked her in the head? Have you given her Vit E? Is she warm enough?

Do you have any other birds that may have pecked her in the head? Have you given her Vit E? Is she warm enough?
She should be warm enough I have her indoors and she’s fully feathered I suppose she could have been pecked by a larger hen maybe. What do you suggest I do?

She should be warm enough I have her indoors and she’s fully feathered I suppose she could have been pecked by a larger hen maybe. What do you suggest I do?
I had a chick that was beat up by a hen and I thought I was gonna lose her. She couldn't hold her head up or move. I mixed some electrolytes and gave her that and alittle vit E by syringe...I would just put a drop on her beak and she would suck it in. I had a great momma hen that I kept with her for extra warmth and after a few days she started to improve and eventually went back to normal. This is what I'd do for your baby. I'm not an expert bit this is what has worked for me.

Back
Top Bottom