Silkie chickens

Patti0

Hatching
Jan 29, 2019
I have been a co-owner (my 12 year old son and I) of Silkie Chickens for 2 years now. We are still learning and loving the experience. My son is in 4-H and fell in love with the Silkie chickens that were at the local exhibition three years ago. We started with a partridge coloured rooster and a grey hen.
We now have 7 Silkies: 1 partridge and 2 white roosters, 2 grey hens, 1 white hen, 1 multi couloured hen. We were given an Easter Egger in the fall.
The whole family love to sit and watch the flock, we call it Chicken TV.
We are looking to expand our flock. Our olderst hen is sitting on 5 eggs presently. Our family plans to expand into other breeds and become more of a hobbie farm.
We own a small property in the country but and looking to resettle into old farm land in the area to live our dream.
My son and I have used this website for a source of information and we are looking to be appart of a larger group of Chicken loving people

Fab Flock.png

Hi and welcome to BYC. There are a number of threads on silkies that I am sure you will find interesting.

This is a useful link of BYC guides to take a look at announcements-feedback-issues-guides.3 I’d suggest including your location using the guide in that link. You can use this link to contact members in your area - Find your State's thread.

Best wishes

Pork Pie

Back
Top Bottom