Silkie Cockerel Went Broody...

MadamContrary

Crowing
8 Years
Mar 22, 2013
Very South Texas
So I give up trying to sex these birds. I swear this was a boy! She (I seriously can't believe it) has been sitting for two days now. I know I have a male in the group because the eggs have all been fertilized. She is determined so far, can't get her to budge and she started ticking at me when I put food and water in front of her. I need to see how many eggs are under her, but she's pretty scary for something so tiny!
IMG_20220108_180706.jpg

IMG_20211229_170542.jpg

You can see the tail a bit better here. Bird in the foreground I thought was a pullet, but it may be my cockerel after all. It has a nice round crest but those tail feathers are questionable.
I mean honestly, I have zero clue now. I'm getting at least three different eggs from 4 birds. It almost seems like 4 colors but I assumed it was just thicker bloom.

View attachment 2954075
You can see the tail a bit better here. Bird in the foreground I thought was a pullet, but it may be my cockerel after all. It has a nice round crest but those tail feathers are questionable.
I mean honestly, I have zero clue now. I'm getting at least three different eggs from 4 birds. It almost seems like 4 colors but I assumed it was just thicker bloom.
What I'm looking for are streamers on the back of the head, but the background color blends.

Back
Top Bottom