Yes looks partridge. Young pullet is my guess. How old? 10-12 weeks?
Supposedly closer to 15 weeks according to the lady I bought them from, but they could be younger. When do the blue ears become really noticeable? Is there a specific age they start to show up more? Those just started getting much more prominent in the last week or so. Really beautiful color! She’s half the size of her sibling—Betty White (all white) and she is pretty small too! Thank you for confirming the color, I was pretty sure but figured it didn’t hurt to double check ☺️

Supposedly closer to 15 weeks according to the lady I bought them from, but they could be younger. When do the blue ears become really noticeable? Is there a specific age they start to show up more? Those just started getting much more prominent in the last week or so. Really beautiful color! She’s half the size of her sibling—Betty White (all white) and she is pretty small too! Thank you for confirming the color, I was pretty sure but figured it didn’t hurt to double check ☺️

My strain of silkies really get crests in around the age I guessed. It can be different for different lines.

As for blue ears, I haven't actually noticed when they average getting a nice blue. Some get it earlier and some later.

They look like proper colors for the most part. Are they all from the same breeding? Or are they from separate pen breedings?

Not sure what the bottom ones are or the top one.

Others are buff, partridge, silver, silver, and blue it looks.

It looks like a color grab bag for a personal lawn ornament flock.
Thanks yeah they are all together in one group right now. I just started really experimenting with breeding this year. It started as more of an educational adventure for my children but then all these crazy colored chicks came out so we just kinda ran with it. Eventually I’d like to separate them and get more “professional” with it but it’s for sure more a hobby right now. And I’m only doing pure silkies right now. I figured I was already messing with the colors I didn’t want to cross breed on top of it. Lol but thank you for commenting, these are actually my adults. I posted the chicks on a different thread.

Back
Top Bottom