Silkie colors...opinion please?

I think(not 100% sure) you could breed him with white, and get split chicks, and then breed them back to him as well. Black would be the first choice though, or obviously another lavender.
smile.png

Hmm....
hu.gif
that's good to know... I might just have to try that and see what we get.
smile.png

Thanks! Either that or I need to keep in contact with my Alaskan neighbors and next time someone's placing an order I can add a couple of chicks to it...
wink.png

when there's a will...
big_smile.png

Mrs. AK-Bird-Brain :

big_smile.png
Thanks for the company last night, Julie!! Usually the board is dead by the time I get on in the evenings... no one to talk to... :|

No problem! I'm usually up late LOL
big_smile.png

Quote:
The only reason I didn't suggest white is because white can mask any other color. You never know what your whites are carrying, so I would never suggest breeding them with anything other than white, at the risk of completely ruining your lavenders.​

Last edited:
Quote:
No problem! I'm usually up late LOL
big_smile.png

Quote:
The only reason I didn't suggest white is because white can mask any other color. You never know what your whites are carrying, so I would never suggest breeding them with anything other than white, at the risk of completely ruining your lavenders.

Gotcha...
wink.png
OK... well, darn, I guess that means I need to find me some black or lavender silkies.
wink.png
I HATE that!
lau.gif

Hi Charlie! No, I have mixed, bearded and non-bearded. One of my blues is non, two are; I have 3 white non, 3 white bearded. I'm not sure if Stitch is considered bearded or not... I'm leaning towards bearded?

All righty then!
smile.png
He's just the cutest little booger, too. Can't wait to find him a lady of his own.

Back
Top Bottom