Silkie colors...

I would guess blue for the top one, he/she looks too dark to be lavender, the bottom one throws me off with the white strip, maybe splash? Here's what my blue silkie looks like right now.

sorry for the bad pic, she likes to move around a lot.

I would guess blue for the top one, he/she looks too dark to be lavender, the bottom one throws me off with the white strip, maybe splash? Here's what my blue silkie looks like right now.

sorry for the bad pic, she likes to move around a lot.

This thread is actually from a few months ago, not sure how it got bumped back up on top
hmm.png

My girl on top actually turned out to be a nice partridge. She developed orange on her neck at about 7 weeks.

The boy on bottom ended up being a nice blue. He's very nice looking, it's to bad I found out he's a cockerel, I'll have to sell him.

He looked a lot like the pic of your blue silkie
smile.png
Except I hope yours ends up being a girl!

This thread is actually from a few months ago, not sure how it got bumped back up on top
hmm.png

My girl on top actually turned out to be a nice partridge. She developed orange on her neck at about 7 weeks.

The boy on bottom ended up being a nice blue. He's very nice looking, it's to bad I found out he's a cockerel, I'll have to sell him.

He looked a lot like the pic of your blue silkie
smile.png
Except I hope yours ends up being a girl!
Thanks, I hope she is a girl too.

I was just curious why color my baby silkie will turn out to be. I don't know if its too early or not, but she's starting to get black and white stripes on her wings. Both her parents were white and one if her siblings were like her and the other two looked like they would be reds. I'm excited to see what she'll look like. She's my first silkie so sorry for the naive-ness. Haha. Here are some recent pics.

Here's one of her wing.

Here are some from when she was littler.

Here is my motley crew, 5 are silkies, 2 are Hamburg bantam chicks and I'm not sure what the black and yellow one is, was meant to be a silkie but doesn't look like it.
First time hatching from an incubator, 9 out of 11 eggs hatched, so pretty happy with that
263a.png

Back
Top Bottom