Silkie Cross Thread!! PICS!!

Pics
Here are some pictures of dad and mom(?)s.
Heres dad,the partridge silkie, and possible moms. Black cochin, Katniss & Buff cochin Toodles.
Other possible moms. Left is Pond, right is Idris. Both have gone broody and this is the way they decided to lay down.
Babies(again).
Baby again, this is Spoons.

Love all these great pictures of cute cute birds!

I can't believe I've missed this thread.
frow.gif

I just hatched some silkie crosses--mom was a black silkie, dad was a blue pure Ameraucana [not EE]. Mom lays an almost white egg so these should lay close to a light blue egg, I believe. Not green.

Anyhow, I got 2 black and 1 blue chick. They all have nice beards, small crests, black skin, black combs, feathered feet, and one has 5 toes. Really sweet. The blacks are very iridescent with green, blue, and purple colors in their feather sheen.

I'll post pix soon! Hope you'll like them and critique.
wink.png

Hi All,
Here is a pic of the silkie crossed with a guinea hen, (I think, judging by the coloration). The one in the front is the one we think is a cross. Notice, no hat, and you can slightly see the speckles in her wings.

Since then we had 3 more hatch out, but these are all silkie.

Here's one of the chicks, OK Pose for the camera now.

What a ham !!!
Axe

Love all these great pictures of cute cute birds!

I can't believe I've missed this thread.
frow.gif

I just hatched some silkie crosses--mom was a black silkie, dad was a blue pure Ameraucana [not EE]. Mom lays an almost white egg so these should lay close to a light blue egg, I believe. Not green.

Anyhow, I got 2 black and 1 blue chick. They all have nice beards, small crests, black skin, black combs, feathered feet, and one has 5 toes. Really sweet. The blacks are very iridescent with green, blue, and purple colors in their feather sheen.

I'll post pix soon! Hope you'll like them and critique.
wink.png

And here's a cute picture of one of them!

Hi All,
I just found this site. Or rather, I just re-found this site. I was on here years ago but lost it when my pc crashed. Anyway, I found a few threads when I was googling silkie cross breeds. I have a chick that hatched out on feb. 6th, she is starting to show spots on her wings. She has five toes and came from a coop with 2 silkie roo's so she is definitely part silkie. But there is also a guinea hen in there that grew up with the silkies. Does anyone have any pics of an adult silkie x guinea hen? I was wondering what she might look like when she gets older. I'll try to get a picture of my 2 hatchlings tomorrow. The other one is definitely all silke, she has 5 toes, and the silkie hat. They are adorable together. Thanks.
axe
Why do you think the one chick is a guinea hen's chick? Did you incubate a guinea egg? Eggs of guinea fowl don't look like chicken eggs and it also takes 28 days for them to hatch.

I crossed a Houdan with a Silkie and got results much better than I expected.
The houdans need some size on them and here the Silkies are just Huge. Plus I was hoping that the colors would cross well and give a motted silkie.
Didnt really get motted, but the babies are Really cute most of them look like little penguins.
There's another cross in there to see if the green tint of our special layer will pass onto the silkie and make a darker green egg.

Lots of Pictures~

And the daddys,
Big Silkie mates with the Houdan girls, Houdan boy mates with the silkie girls. Cant even tell who was from what mix when you look at the chicks.
All in all a big success to me. Cant wait to watch them grow up.

Its all the restraint I have not to incubate every egg I see anymore.

Last edited:

this is my female silkie cross dad was a white silkie nonbearded
The next one is te mom w new chicks from a silkiexnn cross male

Back
Top Bottom