Silkie Cross Thread!! PICS!!

Pics
I know that I hatched out 6 silkie/Cochin mixes and ended up with 2girls and 4boys. Girls had dark skin and the boys had light skin.

I like to see pics

Here is one of my Silkie/EE crosses. Cindy is absolutely fantastic!! Her sister lays nearly daily a small lt. green egg, and Cindy is taking her sweet time starting to lay.

Now for my questions
big_smile.png
I have a Golden Sebright male that I would like to cross with one of my Silkies. One of my hens is partridge, and the other is black. Should I try crossing him with Cindy instead?

I have a golden laced sebright hen that I crossed with my black silkie roo and got a chick (its about 2 months old)that is solid black with a little bit of brown leakage on its shoulder.

So, I'm doubting the whole sex-linked skin color theory. I've had 4 1st generation Sizzles hatch out (Silkie x Frizzled Cochin) and every single chick has had black skin. The last 2 to hatch out unfortunately died (first time broody hen error) so I wont be able to watch their progress, but I looked them over real well before I disposed of them :(
Genetically speaking, with an F1 cross I should've gotten some chicks with light skin and missing the extra toes, but that hasn't happened. Extra dark skin, extra digits, beards and heads that look like they'll sport a crest at some point. My Silkie rooster must have some wicked strong genetics, his babies look just like Silkies, except for the barbed feathers, of course. I'll still update on sexes as they grow, but I just can't believe all four Sizzle chicks hatched female. Obviously I'll never know on the 2 deceased chicks, but I don't think the 2 surviving chicks are both ladies either. They're already feathering at different rates. Oh well, to be continued I suppose...

Back
Top Bottom