Silkie Cross Thread!! PICS!!

Pics
My first Silkie-Cochin cross chicks, Born in August (2 Roosters, 3 Hens) This little guy is still young and getting more color everyday! Same as above Another Rooster, a little bit lighter than his brother One of the ladies Same as above Hen One of the girls with her silkie momma on the right [COLOR=005CB1] [/COLOR]Hen
They are gorgeous . That little blue hen is especially nice. :love

My first Silkie-Cochin cross chicks, Born in August (2 Roosters, 3 Hens)

This little guy is still young and getting more color everyday!
Same as above
Another Rooster, a little bit lighter than his brother
Absolutely gorgeous!!
droolin.gif

My first Silkie-Cochin cross chicks, Born in August (2 Roosters, 3 Hens)

This little guy is still young and getting more color everyday!
Same as above
LOVE your roo's colors! I'm crossing my fingers that that's somewhat what my roo will look like when he grows up - mostly that bright orange head!

Ok, here's my day-old Silkie Cross hatch! The darker ones are from a partridge EE, and that white one is out of an Orpington. I noticed that all the EE crosses have black flesh, but the Orp cross has gray flesh and white legs.

The interesting one is the white - I had a chick like it last spring, and it grew up to have the most interesting coloring.... white, with black-speckled and almost laced feathers, just the flight and tail feathers. Anyone seen that before? I'm trying to figure what it's about.

Pic from the older one of the feathers (sorry, post-mort pic, a raccoon got her but I wanted to document the feathers):

(Inner flight feathers, back feathers.)

(Outer flight feathers.)

My current chick, that looks just like the older one did:

Is there any color that has a white body and head, but patterned wings and tail?

Last edited:
I have blue silkie hen covered by a Chocolate bantam Orpington eggs in the bator. I can't wait to see if I get the color I am predicting to. A lovely caramel if all goes well

My black silkie roo has a french black copper marans hen in his flock, I'm thinking about hatching an egg or two from them this spring (or more if anyone wants them). Anyone ever done that cross before? I'm curious about how the copper feathering, and the darkness of the egg, will pass with the silkie side. My black roo has a bit of brown in his hackles as well.

My black silkie roo has a french black copper marans hen in his flock, I'm thinking about hatching an egg or two from them this spring (or more if anyone wants them). Anyone ever done that cross before? I'm curious about how the copper feathering, and the darkness of the egg, will pass with the silkie side. My black roo has a bit of brown in his hackles as well.
do it, i was thinking of doing this cross back when i had my marans. but i never got around to doing it :)

Back
Top Bottom