Silkie Cross Thread!! PICS!!

Pics
its genetically weird how only her crest show mottling.. maybe something on the silkie is allowinig this recessive trait to partially show?
I agree! pretty cool actually. I've heard of people, for example, breeding a black mottled cochin with a black cochin, and the offspring have really light mottling on the end of some feathers...

Her mom was mostly black when she was her age and got more white with each molt and now is mostly white. I'm hoping the same happens with her. The roosters had more mottling in their crest than she does.

Mom Silkie

Dad Rooster ( don't kno his race)

And their Family Mix Chicks
[IMG]https://www.backyardchickens.com/content/type/61/id/6241918/width/200/height/400. Beautiful Mix Family!!!

Hopefully this one is a pullet from my Cochin roo and bearded Silkie hen (one from my non-bearded Silkie hen in the background).

This is Foghorn and Leghorn now. They are around 8 weeks old in this photo. Thats not blood on Foghorn, its red paint :)
I'm still not sure what sex they are. Fingers are crossed they aren't roosters :( Can anyone tell me what they think they may be?? Please :)

Back
Top Bottom