Silkie Cross Thread!! PICS!!

Pics
I have a CCLB rooster and thinking of picking up a black skinned silkie to try for some sexy inked green egg layers. Has anyone tried this? I think the pellets would have white skin and the Roos medium/mottled skin. Not as eSy to sex as when you use a black silkie rooster but I can't have another rooster.
Did you ever try this mix? I'm curious hoe it turned out because would live to try mixing my cream legbars.

Surprise cross... Black Silkie roo x Crested Cream Legbar hen...
big_smile.png
Has your little one started laying yet? Wondering what color eggs you get with this cross?

I have a question if I cross a silkie roo to a welsummer hen. Then cross the f1 roo to the welsummer hen would that give me darker eggs? Or do I need to breed f1 hens to a full breed welsummer roo to try and get darker eggs. I just think it would be so cool to get dark brown eggs from what looks like a silkie

Does anyone have any crosses between a white Silkie roo and a black Silkie hen? It's not necessarily a silkie cross, it's a silkie color cross.

Does anyone have any crosses between a white Silkie roo and a black Silkie hen? It's not necessarily a silkie cross, it's a silkie color cross.

Not sure what you're looking for. But all I have is silkie mutts. All are pure breed silkie but colors are mixed.

white in silkies is most often recesive white meaning it takes two copies to show and it is inherited independently of other colors so any color could be hiding under the white, black is dominant over most colors so you would most likely get black with leakage, unless the white is hiding black and/or any of the genes which modify black (such as blue gene, chocolate gene, dun gene, dominant white etc.)

Back
Top Bottom