Silkie Cross Thread!! PICS!!

Pics
I got SF roo over white , blue , black silkie hens, eggs under 3 different silkies right now and I can't wait to see how they'll turn out! Does anybody have any SF/Silkie Crosses? Pics if ya do PLEASE!

Last edited:
you know, im now curious if this seeming silkie looking cross is one.. it had supposedly a rhod islend red ma, i figured with feathered feet and crest, and no ail it was what thought was aruacana roo way at other side of sale cage. but its rsisting feathering very much, and continues to start to grow fluff over feathers till after a while now some feathers growing in very slowly. anywa it looks just like the silkie crosses on here. wonder if i should figure out what sex, and try to breed with silkie of opposite, to see if alot of slkie babies come out..???

Heres my one and only silkie mix. His mother is my buff silkie hen and the father is my OEGB rooster. He is one of my favorite chickens and is SUPER SOFT!
MOTHER:
18360_silkie_cross_023.jpg

FATHER:
18360_silkie_cross_031.jpg

BABY:
18360_silkie_cross_025.jpg

I just had some chicks hatch out today, and they are either pure silkies, or bantam White faced black spanish X silkie cross. I hope it is the cross. I want a silkie with a large white face! I started with these two breeds and nature is taking its course. I really didn't plan mixing these two, but I ran out of room and they are housed together. Maybe I'll end up with a bunch of broody banty hens that I can use to hatch out my other breeds. So after all, they might have a purpose!

Quote:
I can tell.

Silkie feathering is a recessive trait. She has many smooth (normal) feathers. Plus the blue earlobes.

Technically, she is an Easter Egger. That is anything crossed with Ameraucana.

hi i am in los angeles if any one is interested i have 7 easter/silkie mix chicks and 2 game fowl hens and after my 2 black silkie hens are done hatching their 13 eggs i will have both the silkie hens and their babies for sale if anyone is interested pjavascript:insert_text('
big_smile.png
',%20'');m me thnks.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom