Silkie eggs bearded splash/blue/cuckoo choose how many you want!

Quote:
You are welcome Susan; thank you for your business!
smile.png

I still have 12+ white/blue/splash/cuckoo eggs available if anyone is interested!

Quote:
You are welcome Susan; thank you for your business!
smile.png

I still have 12+ white/blue/splash/cuckoo eggs available if anyone is interested!

Quit it Chellester! You know I don't need anymore right now! Someone else better claim these, they are great and Chellester is good to work with and really ships them well. I have had great fertility with her eggs as well.

Quote:
The only color I can see missing is what is called a Calico. It looks like a regular splash, but has orange/red mixed in too. This color is not yet recgonized as a standard color for silkies (btw, neither is the cuckoo color, but I hear it is in the works).

Bearded isn't a color or separate breed, it is a trait that a silkie of any color can have- they can be bearded or unbearded. Showgirls are a breed all their own- they are essentially silkies with naked necks. I have only seen showgirls in white; I do not know if they come in any other colors.

Can anyone else add to this list?

Yes, you forgot grey, and there are some breeders working on blue partridge and porcelain silkies. There are also white crested cuckoos (I have a WC cuckoo cockerel
smile.png
). There are also many other color combinations that arise when you mix colors.

Calico's are usually greys (rather than splash) with rust mixed in.

Showgirls can come in any variety a regular silkie can. There are also frizzled silkies and sizzles.

Last edited:
Quote:
oooh, those sound so pretty, especially the porcelain! I would love to see some pics of these if anyone has any!
smile.png

Ok, these birds were bred by George Mihalik, I got these pics off the asbc yahoo group

These first two are of a porcelain
e2ad.jpg

4e27.jpg

This next one is of his blue partridge
16c2.jpg

Oh, I forgot to mention, there are also red pyle silkies
smile.png

For some reason all I am seeing is the red X and can't see the pics. Is is on one of the silkie Yahoo groups like ABSC?

Back
Top Bottom