Silkie eggs came today!

turkenlurken

In the Brooder
6 Years
Jul 4, 2013
PA
I am like a 2 year old! So excited the silkie eggs came and all look great--air cells seem to be intact. The lady even marked each egg with the color of the hen/rooster. Hardest part is waiting the 24 hours to put them in the incubator!

They came from Michigan. She shipped Wednesday and they came Friday. Temps were lower and rainy here on Friday (outside of Philadelphia) and the inside of the box did not feel overly warm. That horrible heat wave seems to be gone for now. We'll see how they do, but they were packed really well with all sorts of labels on them--warning about heat, etc. The best was one that said 'be kind I'm alive.'

Hope they hatch--I ordered 6 and received 8 so if I get 3-4 to hatch I will be happy. Would love for more, but I am trying not to get my hopes up. I have never incubated shipped eggs so I am a little nervous about it. Going into the incubator this afternoon so I guess I will have and August 3rd hatch date.

Eggs in incubator 4 PM. Looks like an August 3rd hatch day as it is late and day 1 would be tomorrow.:D

Back
Top Bottom