Silkie Eggs

Hooray! So eggcited! Paypal sent!
big_smile.png

Eggs arrived in great condition! I shared 6 with another Iowa member and she gave me a FAB rooster in return. We will see how the hatch goes. Thank you for the careful packaging and prompt shipping!
Claire

How is Rosie settling in BTW? and was the 6 compartment cage what you expected? My flock seemed a little lost today but one of my millie roos is stepping up to the plate as alpha.

Eggs are all snuggled in the bator - I can't wait!

Rosie is deeply interested in my red rescue hens. So interested, he has now plucked most of the neck feathers from one of them. I may need to separate her for a while! He is clearly sowing his wild oats! His crowing is cute - he really does sound like a party horn! I haven't introduced him to any of the other roosters. Just from his size, I would expect him to be alpha here...

The 6-compartment cage needs a good rubdown with a bristle brush but it's perfectly functional. It will be good for separating birds who are injured or unwell, and also maybe for broody hens. I would have to transfer their eggs though. It will also be good for transporting birds when needed. I think it was worth it. We also got a great rabbit hutch thing that is perfect for banties. I will have to send a pic.

Glad to hear your Millie is taking on the brave role of head roo! :)

Back
Top Bottom