SILKIE EXPERTS: Boys Or Girls?!

CocoNUT

Songster
10 Years
Apr 15, 2009
Hello all...I've now got 4 month old silkies...and although I know it's still TOO EARLY to be positive (100%), I would like to see if anyone can tell me if these guys are cockerels or pullets!

Muffin: partridge

I'm thinking these are 'streamers' but I COULD be wrong. What do you all think?

Lemon Drop

Lemonaid

Here's Licorice:

My Bluebelle: (I think those suspicious looking feathers towards the back of his head MIGHT be streamers...what do you all think?)

Spicy (I already know he's a he...he started crowing on Saturday!):
What is his coloring?

Let me know if you need any other photos. Hopefully these are good enough though.
Thanks!

All the ones on top look like they are girls besides the ones you said are boys. I have to agree with you on the ones on the bottom that you think are boys.

Bluebelle and up I believe to be all girls.
And below bluebelle I believe are all boys.
Some of the pics are hard to tell.

So wait...you guys think Bluebelle might actually be a girl?!?!?!? OH PLEASE! (that would be WONDEFUL!!!)

bluebelle looks like a girl to me.
the males will usually start get like a ball comb
on there head. Yours looks like a hen to me.
Don't qoute me on this But to me it looks like a girl.

Wait I'm Sorry you have two pics of bluebelle on there. the second pics i can see his comb. I'm sorry bluebelle is a rooster and so is spicy. So you have two roosters. Sorry I got confused on the pics

Have you spent a lot of time observing them?

I had three silkies that were only 8 weeks old, but I felt 90% sure that two were cockerels b/c of their behavior-they would make the trilling warning noise, and run out of their coop strutting their stuff and get into stand-offs with each other... just exactly like my 10 wk. old Salmon Faverolle cockerels. The third one was much more calm & laid back, IDK if it is a pullet or not, but it behaved like my SF pullets.

Back
Top Bottom