silkie has a swollen closed eye, help

Jan 31, 2019
SEBASTIAN, FLORIDA
i have been giving her vetrx because i thought i heard her wheezing a few days ago, i noticed the past 2 days she wasnt interested in treats and was in the nesting box most of the day...but today i saw her eye...i cleaned it out with water and warm cotton balls, i did put some triple antibiotic cream in her eye, i dont know what to do....

Your previous thread about some chickens wheezing sounds like one of the common respiratory diseases, such as mycoplasma gallisepticum or coryza is affecting several in your flock. Those are chronic diseases, and will affect other chickens in your flock. VetRX doesn’t have any medication, just herbal oils and camphor. You may need to get antibiotics to treat it. Tylosin and a few other may treat MG, while sulfa antibiotics such as sulfadimethoxine are more for treating coryza. Is there a bad odor or any thick nasal drainage? Do you see bubbles in the eye? Can you post a picture?

i dont s
Your previous thread about some chickens wheezing sounds like one of the common respiratory diseases, such as mycoplasma gallisepticum or coryza is affecting several in your flock. Those are chronic diseases, and will affect other chickens in your flock. VetRX doesn’t have any medication, just herbal oils and camphor. You may need to get antibiotics to treat it. Tylosin and a few other may treat MG, while sulfa antibiotics such as sulfadimethoxine are more for treating coryza. Is there a bad odor or any thick nasal drainage? Do you see bubbles in the eye? Can you post a picture?
i dont see bubbles in the eye or any drainage from nostrils, could it be eye worm..yes this chicken was wheezing a few days ago, but dont hear it anymore

You can treat her for eyeworm, but respiratory diseases are much more common. You can see eyeworms inside the eye. Wheezing and a swollen eye sound more like MG.

Back
Top Bottom