Votes: 11 18.0%
  • Yes, but they aren't my favorite.

Votes: 4 6.6%
  • Yes, I love them!

Votes: 41 67.2%
  • I used to have silkies.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
They wont sit still, but here are a couple photos... Can you see the naked neck? : )

Oh my gosh! That little light colored one has the most adorable little face!

@darkbluespace
I love the Show Girls, but husband said they look too "weird". He also said the same about Frizzles. He doesn't know that there were a couple of each in the pens I got the eggs from. If they hatch I'm just going to be like "Wow! How did THAT get in there?" ;)

@darkbluespace
I love the Show Girls, but husband said they look too "weird". He also said the same about Frizzles. He doesn't know that there were a couple of each in the pens I got the eggs from. If they hatch I'm just going to be like "Wow! How did THAT get in there?"
wink.png

Lol.
gig.gif

Show Girl silkies are weird looking, but they are also amazing. My Show "girl" rooster is very healthy and manages to be the father of quite a few eggs, even though we have both standard and bantam roosters.

The two white ones are both his decendents.

Also his chicks or grandchicks

A grandchick perched on our standard roosters back

Flo himself (we thought he was going to be a girl, hints the name)
smile.png

Lol.
gig.gif

Show Girl silkies are weird looking, but they are also amazing. My Show "girl" rooster is very healthy and manages to be the father of quite a few eggs, even though we have both standard and bantam roosters.

The two white ones are both his decendents.

Also his chicks or grandchicks

A grandchick perched on our standard roosters back

Flo himself (we thought he was going to be a girl, hints the name)
smile.png

Nice birds! The naked necks are ugly in an adorable sort of way. I really wanted a showgirl hen so hopefully I will get a couple. I do think the showgirl roosters get a little freaky looking... no offense intended to Flo ; ) I have one who has some lighter highlights and a huge vaulted skull... I am pretty sure his name is Elvis already. I try to get a pic of him.

@darkbluespace
I love the Show Girls, but husband said they look too "weird". He also said the same about Frizzles. He doesn't know that there were a couple of each in the pens I got the eggs from. If they hatch I'm just going to be like "Wow! How did THAT get in there?"
wink.png

Thats cheeky...and totally understandable

Back
Top Bottom