• I used to have silkies.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Griffin Nest

Crowing
13 Years
Aug 7, 2010
Hi BYC!

Today I ordered 12+ Silkie Eggs from a seller on ebay. This is my first time with silkies and I'm really excited because they are my favorite breed and I've never got to have one before!

This is the incubator I will be using. It's a cooler with an Incukit DC installed in it. I just started running it today. The eggs will be here in a few days!
big_smile.png

Anyone else with Silkies?

Last edited:
Of the eggs I got, there were 4 that didn't look like they had embryos inside when I candled them. Although they're air cells were completely detatched (usually those eggs never make it) I gave it a shot and put them in the incubator to see what happened.
I wasn't suprised when most of them turned out clear today, BUT ONE IS ALIVE!! I saw veins and a moving embryo!! I'm so glad I gave those eggs hope. At least one egg in all of the eggs I got was good! The air cell is still detatched in in, but I'm going to give it a chance.

I named it "Egg #?" because I was so unsure if it was even viable.

Cheers for "Egg #?"
celebrate.gif

Holy Moly I replied with negative feedback and now they're arguing with me that their eggs are fresh. Fresh eggs don't have embryos in them
rant.gif

Last edited:
I can understand how breeders can't promise fertile eggs or perfect airsacs under shipping conditions, but it is their job to make sure the eggs are fresh, not cracked or broken, and not too dirty. If they were shipped in hot weather they may have developed some, but a week? I doubt it.

I wouldn't buy from them again.

Last edited:
I communicated with the seller and they said they're unable to resend the eggs and gave me a refund. The communication with the seller was really fast and I appreciate that they gave me a refund quickly. I will be buying more eggs this week from a different source this time.

I hope it wasn't this gal by chance. If not..get eggs from her! I have bought from her 3 times! Her eggs are fertile! She has another one on ebay too.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Silkie-Buff-Hatching-Eggs-6-FREE-SHIPPING-/121718660309?hash=item1c56ff5cd5

Here is a white silkie, and a paint Show Girl I got from two different hatches from her...had great hatches too by the way.

I just trimmed her eyes..soo fluffy she couldn't see.

My paint SG from her.

Last edited:
I didn't order eggs from that person but I might give it a try! :) Those silkies look healthy. I'll consider it!
I'm going to buy more this Sunday so they ship out on Monday.

I ordered more eggs today! Hopefully this batch is better, I bought from a different person this time. They will arrive between Tuesday and Friday!

I have Silkie eggs coming from e-bay this week too. They're my first Silkies and my first time attempting to hatch. I hope I have a positive experience!

Back
Top Bottom