Votes: 11 18.0%
  • Yes, but they aren't my favorite.

Votes: 4 6.6%
  • Yes, I love them!

Votes: 41 67.2%
  • I used to have silkies.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
It looks like you helped it hatch. Did it make it???

I was sure it was dead in that egg, I thought I had over-heated them. We opened the top, and it was alive! It is doing really well and drying off in the brooder.
celebrate.gif
One of the chicks didn't make it, another is weak from blood loss, and a third has water collected in its chin (I have no idea what causes this), but the silkie is doing really well. I hope all three make it.

I am getting a dozen Silkie eggs on Thursday! That should be my last batch for the Summer. I just hatched 2 Silkies yesterday.. one paint and one light colored. I have 11 total now... I can hardly wait to see how they turn out.

I tried to hatch some Silkies last year but it didn't go well. I bought 15 eggs from ebay and had none developed at all. I bought several eggs locally and some were clear. I only hatched 2 chicks... one hen and one roo. I sold them because there were only two and the hen only had 4 toes, but I really miss them. The roo was so sweet, I used to snuggle him every morning and he would make sweet little chicken sighs.

I am getting a dozen Silkie eggs on Thursday! That should be my last batch for the Summer. I just hatched 2 Silkies yesterday.. one paint and one light colored. I have 11 total now... I can hardly wait to see how they turn out.

I tried to hatch some Silkies last year but it didn't go well. I bought 15 eggs from ebay and had none developed at all. I bought several eggs locally and some were clear. I only hatched 2 chicks... one hen and one roo. I sold them because there were only two and the hen only had 4 toes, but I really miss them. The roo was so sweet, I used to snuggle him every morning and he would make sweet little chicken sighs.

Best of luck with your hatches! And congrats on the new chicks!
woot.gif

My new eggs finally came! The Hatch-a-Long can finally begin!
I'm VERY happy with these eggs. I ordered 12, got 14, and none are cracked or broken. I can tell they are very fresh eggs from the size of their air cells.

Tonight I added these 14 new eggs to the one other egg from the last shipment, and now I have 15 total eggs in the incubator! This is the most eggs I've ever set in an incubator, a personal record!
woot.gif

Every other day I'll be updating the progress.

Last edited:
I am getting a dozen Silkie eggs on Thursday!  That should be my last batch for the Summer.  I just hatched 2 Silkies yesterday.. one paint and  one light colored.  I have 11 total now...  I can hardly wait to see how they turn out.

I tried to hatch some Silkies last year but it didn't go well.  I bought 15 eggs from ebay and had none developed at all.  I bought several eggs locally and some were clear.  I only hatched 2 chicks... one hen and one roo.  I sold them because there were only two and the hen only had 4 toes, but I really miss them.  The roo was so sweet, I used to snuggle him every morning and he would make sweet little chicken sighs.

@darkbluespace!!! Did you get your eggs today?? We're hatching silkies together! :hugs

So the post office had lost my package of eggs but they finally arrived this morning!! They were in transit for 4 days! Not happy about that. But the seller did a great job packing them and none were cracked or broken. I will candle tonight when it's dark and write down my observations for each air cell.
Colors included:
6: blue roo over splash hen
4:paint
2:porcelain
1:black
1:partridge
I will be setting at 9 pm tonight. I'm so excited! My last hatch of the year. I wish everyone happy & healthy hatches!

I have Silkie eggs coming from e-bay this week too. They're my first Silkies and my first time attempting to hatch. I hope I have a positive experience!

@darkbluespace !!! Did you get your eggs today?? We're hatching silkies together!
hugs.gif

I just got home with them! I bought a dozen and she told me she had just enough for my order so I wasn't expecting extras, but she gave me 18!! That should be more than enough for my last Silkie hatch this year! I am so happy we are all hatching together... this is gonna be so fun!

I am going to put my turkey eggs in my hatcher and get the Silkie eggs set today.

Back
Top Bottom