Silkie Hatch-A-Long

Well I've just seen one chick pop its head out from under my broody!! Yay! The mother though kept pecking at its head, which was a bit worrying! Is this usual? The chick did after a while go back under the mother hen. Can hear more cheeps so hopeful all 5 will hatch.

Well I've just seen one chick pop its head out from under my broody!! Yay! The mother though kept pecking at its head, which was a bit worrying! Is this usual? The chick did after a while go back under the mother hen. Can hear more cheeps so hopeful all 5 will hatch.
boy I have never had a broody yet, exciting though and congrats!!!! hoping she knows what to do!!!!! can't wait to see pics!!!
love.gif

Nothing was as cute as a baby chicks born in an incubator .until i saw
babies popping their little heads out between broodys featbers truly tbe most adorable sight God ever made.EEEEEEEE

My spec ial eggs that came a lon g way are on day5..( hasnt it been at least 10 now?). i want to look so bad see if a babys growing but wont be day 10 for a lo g time.. its dri ving me crazy.

Hey guys, I can't remember which thread I was on, I am following three silkie topics! :)
Today I received my two sizzles, one roo and one hen. They are different from the ones I have. The feathers are on their head and more puffy and I think they might be bearded! I don't think I have ever seen a bearded in person! LOL

I couldn't find a sizzle rooster near KY so I decided to pay for shipping across the country!
celebrate.gif
It as my birthday money from my mother for my 45th birthday so my husband couldn't say a word about how I spent it!
big_smile.png

They are so sweet! They traveled from California to Kentucky in two days! They were very thirsty; drinking water for 5 minutes and then threw up the water... they ate and drank and did well all day! They are tamer than the ones I have hatched myself from eggs!

They are so beautiful and I am so excited. I bought them from Papa Poultry.com.

New sizzle:

The ones I am comparing them to:

Why is the feathers on top so bigger on the new ones! I love it!!

Thanks guys!! :)

Hey guys, I can't remember which thread I was on, I am following three silkie topics! :)
Today I received my two sizzles, one roo and one hen. They are different from the ones I have. The feathers are on their head and more puffy and I think they might be bearded! I don't think I have ever seen a bearded in person! LOL

I couldn't find a sizzle rooster near KY so I decided to pay for shipping across the country!
celebrate.gif
It as my birthday money from my mother for my 45th birthday so my husband couldn't say a word about how I spent it!
big_smile.png

They are so sweet! They traveled from California to Kentucky in two days! They were very thirsty; drinking water for 5 minutes and then threw up the water... they ate and drank and did well all day! They are tamer than the ones I have hatched myself from eggs!

New sizzle:

by the way, I know the difference between smooth sizzle and the frizzled feather... but I am wondering about the feathers on the top of the head :)

boy I have never had a broody yet, exciting though and congrats!!!!  hoping she knows what to do!!!!!  can't wait to see pics!!!  :love
we have 4 babies so far, 1 egg still not hatched. Will have pics soon I hope but at the moment they are still all under mum. :)

celebrate.gif
big_smile.png

New sizzle:

soooo gorgeous! for silkies have heard it is with the vaulted skulls, not sure it is same with your beauties? just breeding and genetics.
love.gif

Back
Top Bottom