Silkie Hatch-A-Long

My silkie eggs go into lock down tomorrow and I am so excited!!!
yippiechickie.gif

Anyone else have some babies about to hatch?
woohoo for lockdown!!!! exciting! what do you have in there? or how many???
wee.gif

one of my chicks just hatched this morning!! so far I have only seen one but it is pretty chilly out there. Broody has a heat lamp and a tarp partially covering her pen so I'm hoping it doesn't get too cold. Its also raining cats and dogs and very windy. If it gets too bad mom and babies are coming inside tonight
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!! congrats!!! that is awesome! good job mama broody!
thumbsup.gif

ok, so i'm gonna do this again.... I just ordered 12eggs, mostly buff w/ a couple white, hatch a long here I come!
wee.gif

on another horrible note one of my chicks has scissor beak, just literally makes me tear up every time I think about it... just noticed it last night. of all the threads i've read it sounds horrible and is gonna get worse.
hit.gif
of course this chick is the first one hatched from my last batch, and also the one who runs right up when I open the pen. My son's favorite cuz it's the "oldest" (he's 6, my son) chicks turned 1 week old on tuesday. my only partridge too.
hit.gif

one of my chicks just hatched this morning!! so far I have only seen one but it is pretty chilly out there. Broody has a heat lamp and a tarp partially covering her pen so I'm hoping it doesn't get too cold. Its also raining cats and dogs and very windy. If it gets too bad mom and babies are coming inside tonight
Eek sounds dreadful! Keep warm! If the storm lets up you better get out there and snap some pictures for all of us!

woohoo for lockdown!!!! exciting! what do you have in there? or how many???
wee.gif
Thanks for echoing my excitement lol!
big_smile.png

In my first incubator I've got 14 silkie eggs, a mix of red and splash and in my second incubator (due to hatch the following week) I've got a dozen Coturnix quail eggs. I am going to be over run with babies soon!

Eek sounds dreadful! Keep warm! If the storm lets up you better get out there and snap some pictures for all of us!
I will! I'll probably take pics tomorrow cause I don't lifting the broody while eggs are hatching :). This weather really is awful…I wish I had more heat lamps. For my other broodies I put flannel sheets over there cages to keep their body heat in. But they are in a shed so they are out of the wind and the rain

ok, so i'm gonna do this again.... I just ordered 12eggs, mostly buff w/ a couple white, hatch a long here I come!
wee.gif

on another horrible note one of my chicks has scissor beak, just literally makes me tear up every time I think about it... just noticed it last night. of all the threads i've read it sounds horrible and is gonna get worse.
hit.gif
of course this chick is the first one hatched from my last batch, and also the one who runs right up when I open the pen. My son's favorite cuz it's the "oldest" (he's 6, my son) chicks turned 1 week old on tuesday. my only partridge too.
hit.gif
Oh no poor baby :( Is it really bad? Does he eat or drink on his own?

Thanks for echoing my excitement lol!
big_smile.png

In my first incubator I've got 14 silkie eggs, a mix of red and splash and in my second incubator (due to hatch the following week) I've got a dozen Coturnix quail eggs. I am going to be over run with babies soon!
oooh! that is exciting! I have been thinking about the coturnix quail eggs... let me know how it goes with those guys too!!
love.gif
I just ordered more eggs today to be shipped out next week, buff and white silkies, my husband is gonna crap, lol. my house is going to be over run with poultry! will give him incentive to get my coop finished!!
celebrate.gif

I will! I'll probably take pics tomorrow cause I don't lifting the broody while eggs are hatching :). This weather really is awful…I wish I had more heat lamps. For my other broodies I put flannel sheets over there cages to keep their body heat in. But they are in a shed so they are out of the wind and the rain

Oh no poor baby :( Is it really bad? Does he eat or drink on his own?
he still eats and drinks on his own, this just pretty much developed over night, it is crazy. after reading all the threads on this I was totally depressed. I guess it will be what it will be, sure is tough though. have heard of people having them until they're 2 or older, but it sounds like (the threads I've read) that they eventually starve. how sad to watch.

he still eats and drinks on his own, this just pretty much developed over night, it is crazy. after reading all the threads on this I was totally depressed. I guess it will be what it will be, sure is tough though. have heard of people having them until they're 2 or older, but it sounds like (the threads I've read) that they eventually starve. how sad to watch.
Personally, if he is eating and drinking I would let him be. Of course if he wasn't I couldn't let him suffer but it doesn't sound like he is doing too badly right now

Back
Top Bottom