Silkie Hatch-A-Long

@KV Silkies
What a great hatch!
Can't wait for pictures!
thanks! they are so cute! I forget how tiny they are... my other batch is 5 weeks old already, I think all 9 of these guys are the size of one of the other silkies, lol
jumpy.gif
will try and get some pics up soon!

Hey everyone! I have a broody silkie hen and I really know nothing about the behavior... I'm in the process of reading about it... it seems as if she would starve! Anyway, the poor girl sits with no eggs under her... finally I had another hen lay three eggs over a few days and I kept picking it up and putting it under the sitting hen! She has been sitting on them now for about 4 days... Finally, I saw her out in the yard a few minutes ago and so I thought she had abandoned her eggs (guess she was just getting a bite). As soon as I was in the coop near her eggs, she practically ran back in there to sit on them.

I have four eggs in the incubator that are living! One is on day 11, not sure what it will be, so exciting to think about it!

Here's a picture of one of my 6 week old silkies... its turned out to have interesting markings... it is an egg from Ebay so I wasn't sure what it would turn out like!

Got any name ideas?
smile.png

Last edited:
Hey everyone! I have a broody silkie hen and I really know nothing about the behavior... I'm in the process of reading about it... it seems as if she would starve! Anyway, the poor girl sits with no eggs under her... finally I had another hen lay three eggs over a few days and I kept picking it up and putting it under the sitting hen! She has been sitting on them now for about 4 days... Finally, I saw her out in the yard a few minutes ago and so I thought she had abandoned her eggs (guess she was just getting a bite). As soon as I was in the coop near her eggs, she practically ran back in there to sit on them. I have four eggs in the incubator that are living! One is on day 11, not sure what it will be, so exciting to think about it! Here's a picture of one of my 6 week old silkies... its turned out to have interesting markings... it is an egg from Ebay so I wasn't sure what it would turn out like! Got any name ideas? :)
trogdor!

let mine out this weekend in the yard, we made an impromptu pen and sat in lawn chairs watching them, way too cute. they are 6 weeks old now too!!! darn it, other pic which came in sideways for some reason... is my new chicks.... they'll be a week old wednesday.

Back
Top Bottom