Silkie Holiday Hatch-a-long

My little eggs aren't doing anything
hit.gif

They were supposed to hatch the 1st, in the evening, but there's no action at all. My temp and humidity have been good, and I calibrated my thermometer and hygrometer before I started incubating. They're my own eggs, so no shipping. I dunno what's up with them. I've had chicks hatch late, but not this late
1f612.png
Boo.
hang in there! I am on day 20 today and nothing seems to be happening, altho this is my first time so no clue what i'm looking for besides noise and movement!
hugs.gif

My little eggs aren't doing anything
hit.gif

They were supposed to hatch the 1st, in the evening, but there's no action at all. My temp and humidity have been good, and I calibrated my thermometer and hygrometer before I started incubating. They're my own eggs, so no shipping. I dunno what's up with them. I've had chicks hatch late, but not this late
1f612.png
Boo.

I hope you get a hatch!
fl.gif
hugs.gif

This egg hatching aint' for sissies, I am an emotional mess thinking of my egg not hatching. UGH! Talk about an emotional roller coaster!! I was home during lunch and went up to talk to my egg.... made little peeping noises, then chicken noises... pretty sure I probably scared it further in, LOL
barnie.gif
hide.gif

@howfunkyisurchicken have you candeled again? They are only on day 22 1/2. If your temp is actually slightly lower than what it reads they will be a little later. I think I read on here that someone had some hatch at day 25 or 28.

hi @jorey , I looked really quickly this morning as had to add a tad more water, but just saw everything dark, think I saw some veins still near the top? I didn't keep it out very long tho, not long enuf to see movement, so just put it back in quick as didn't wanna disrupt lockdown anymore than I already was. my incubator is really good at keeping temp and humid ok so nothing changes drastically and is back to speed w/ in a minute or two. I am going to TRY and be patient and NOT look again until Thursday. If I have nothing by the end of day on the 23rd day I will no way NOT be able to open it up and candle.... unless I see movement or something prior to then...
fl.gif
will have to keep myself busy somehow...

@KV Silkies 3 more days! !! Yea! When do your other eggs get here? Tomorrow? I haven't ordered anymore yet. Just waiting for nicer weather. This hatch will probally be laying before the weather gets nice.

HI @jorey Well, I pipped yesterday, around 215pm, then had it's little beak all the way through by 330pm, it didn't peep once though, no noise at all, well I figured it's getting air, I could see the membrane wasn't shrinkwrapped to it or anything so I let it be, this morning it was dead.
hit.gif
did an eggtopsy and it's intestines were outside it's tummy, poor little thing. wondering if that's why it didn't peep at all? probably a good thing I have new eggs coming in already or not sure i'd have the heart to try again so soon. my new eggs all came this morning in the mail, so I will set them tomorrow morning. ugh, here we go again! although the information I have going into round two is sooo much more than what I started with. thanks for everyone's support and info!

@KV Silkies im so sorry about your chick. hugs. im glad the eggs are there so you can start again tomorrow. i totally agree that thread has been very helpful. ive learned alot of what to and not to do and what worked for me and didnt. we learned your humidity is good in your bator. yea! mine sucks. boo! both our temps hold good. yea! i still havent gotten more eggs to try. none shipped this time. i want to try close eggs. they will have a car ride but no postoffice. please keep me updated on this hatch and we'll see if we can get you some chicks this time hopefully.

@KV Silkies im so sorry about your chick. hugs. im glad the eggs are there so you can start again tomorrow. i totally agree that thread has been very helpful. ive learned alot of what to and not to do and what worked for me and didnt. we learned your humidity is good in your bator. yea! mine sucks. boo! both our temps hold good. yea! i still havent gotten more eggs to try. none shipped this time. i want to try close eggs. they will have a car ride but no postoffice. please keep me updated on this hatch and we'll see if we can get you some chicks this time hopefully.
thanks! will keep you posted.... I got some eggs from FL, and some from MO, both arrived today, the MO ones I was kinda excited as they're only 6 hours away, so figured shipping should be good, however when I picked them up this morning the Post office they had only the FL box (which was a day early and fine) then they called me back, they had the Missouri box as well, the other post office had put it in a bag that gets tossed around, my post office gal was all upset, I haven't opened box yet, going to do that at lunch.... UGH, that was my "safe" eggs... I think after this next round I will be driving somewhere to get some also!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom