Long Island, NY
IMG_9820.JPG
IMG_9823.JPG
IMG_9824.JPG
IMG_9828.JPG
IMG_0031.JPG
IMG_0032.JPG
IMG_0033.JPG
Hi everyone! I have a few beautiful little silkie/polish cross babies and was wondering if anyone could help me take a guess at their gender. I know it's probably too soon to tell, but it's fun to guess!

They are almost 6 weeks old.
Thank you!!

Much too young unfortunately. Both those breeds can be harder to sex until they are older, generally 3-4 months.

They are cute! The black & brown one is likely a pullet. I'm leaning pullet for the other two as well but less certain on them-- both breeds are slow to develop and reach sexual maturity.
Thanks for the guess! All pullets would be nice. The orange one is larger than the other two and the comb is bigger on that one as well, but I think he/she may be a little older than the other two. The black and orange was the smallest when I got them.

Thanks for the guess! All pullets would be nice. The orange one is larger than the other two and the comb is bigger on that one as well, but I think he/she may be a little older than the other two. The black and orange was the smallest when I got them.
Yeah, I did notice that and that one's tail is a little weird but it just seems like a pullet. I get a much stronger cockerel vibe from the blue one and I'm not sure why. Maybe it's just the way it carries itself. Time will tell but I hope you get at least two girls.

The orange one seems to have a small, narrow comb which for a silkie would indicate probable pullet, ditto for the black & orange, I get cockerel vibes from the blue one also,

It is too young to be positive on either breed and together could be a real headache

The orange one seems to have a small, narrow comb which for a silkie would indicate probable pullet, ditto for the black & orange, I get cockerel vibes from the blue one also,

It is too young to be positive on either breed and together could be a real headache

Thank you! I'll have to post pics once again in a few weeks. Maybe it will be more obvious when they are around 12 weeks.

Back
Top Bottom