silkie pullet or silkie roo?

shaynapalmer

In the Brooder
10 Years
May 31, 2009
Maine
I was wondering if anyone would like to play the guessing game with me? I have 3 silkies and I'm not sure who is a he and who is a she
wink.png
I think I have an idea but I need more opinions..I'm calling one Grandma already (so i'm praying everyone thinks it's a she as well) they are 10 weeks old. The first one has a spikey comb(sorry about my terminology) but a good little waddle and is very fiesty with my RIR's The second one has no comb but a waddle and my third has a little comb and no waddle...that's the one I call Grandma
wink.png
if you need better pics let me know

IMG_4691-2.jpg

IMG_4690-1.jpg

IMG_4666.jpg

Roo, roo, hen. Comb and wattles at 10 weeks means boy. Grandma can probably keep her name, but 10 weeks is too early to rule out a roo. Good luck, I know I need it when it comes to growing a silkie hen. Seems like unsexed is code for rooster.

Thank you! those were my thoughts too, I'm happy that I get to keep the name Grandma..I may keep the second guy and get rid of the first one, he's kinda mean to my 1 year old RIR's (apparently he didn't get the memo that he they are twice the size of him) I hope I can get some free babies!!

Back
Top Bottom