Silkie rooster in need of a good home

123roosters

In the Brooder
Sep 23, 2018
Hi,
I have 3 beautiful silkie roosters but can't keep them all and am looking to donate at least one of them to a good home.
This is Mo. He was originally named Monique but then started crowing so I had to change his name.
He's a great watch rooster, has beautiful multicolored feathers and doesn't mind being picked up most of the time.
I've raised Mo from about 3 weeks old. He's about 4 months old now. He has had the entire back yard to roam all day and has been fed organic food. He's seems very healthy and has never been sick or had any issues.

Attachments

• 20180911_164431.jpg
    20180911_164431.jpg
    990.3 KB · Views: 32
Not sure of your location but if you have an animal shelter like an SPCA in your area they will sometime take small farm animals and get them rehomed. They usually can keep till rehomed as the small ones dont take up a lot of room in their farm area. Becareful giving any animal away sometimes they are used for bad things. Good luck hope you find a nice safe place for him.

I also have a silkie rooster in need of rehoming in NJ. I’ve accumulated too many roosters and already have one other silkie rooster. They are black. I’ll post a picture tomorrow.

Not sure of your location but if you have an animal shelter like an SPCA in your area they will sometime take small farm animals and get them rehomed. They usually can keep till rehomed as the small ones dont take up a lot of room in their farm area. Becareful giving any animal away sometimes they are used for bad things. Good luck hope you find a nice safe place for him.
From what I've heard, SPCAs usually end up euthanizing roosters due to not being able to rehome them.

From what I've heard, SPCAs usually end up euthanizing roosters due to not being able to rehome them.
Wow, the one in Houston usually keeps them till they find a home. I hope i was not given wrong info from them. I have never taken one there but have gotten some from them in the past when living in Houston area.

Wow, the one in Houston usually keeps them till they find a home. I hope i was not given wrong info from them. I have never taken one there but have gotten some from them in the past when living in Houston area.
Maybe your SPCA is different from the other ones. Again, this is only what I've heard, there are probably some SPCAs that are good about finding chickens homes, even roosters.

Hi Steve, my name is Nani and I live in northern California. That's so awesome that you're an animal rescuer and I will keep you in mind if I can't find a home locally.
Thanks

Hi Nani, ok, here if you need the help. Roos are soooo cool!! Strutting around, huffing and puffing. LOVE IT!

Back
Top Bottom