Silkie Rooster?

PhiberOptikx

Chirping
Oct 3, 2014
A few weeks ago it was decided that this was a hen. However, since then the comb has shown a lot of development. Still say hen? It is 23 weeks old and I know this isn't the best picture.

A rooster would have crowed by now too. Maybe it is conflicted about it's gender. A pullets comb gets larger and redder when she is approaching point of lay. Does she squat if you touch her on her back - as she would for a rooster? Has he/she investigated the nesting boxes?

I don't want to be a party pooper, but I had a 6 month old silkie roo who never crowed. The comb on this one looks male to me, but the crest looks female so I'll leave it to the experts

Yeah, after seeing some other silkie roosters on here i have to agree. My wife will be very dissapointed

I have 6 full time chickens and only two silkie. One of the silkies so far is turning out it might be a rooster because it keeps trying to ride the back of my regular chickens. This is kinda causing the peace to be disturbed in my backyard. I do not want him hr to be killed if I take her back to the person I bought her from she will be killed, even though I can trade him for a different chicken that might be a girl.....://www.backyardchickens.com/content/type/61/id/7326025/width/200/height/400[/IMG], not sure

Back
Top Bottom