Silkie Sexing 3 months

mine are all 3 months old. 4 have streamers coming out of the back of their hair poof, and 1 does not, and has very round ball like "hair." So I assume I have 4 boys and 1 girl.

I will likely never find this thread again! I've had multiple strokes causing brain damage. I don't know if it's allowed or not but can someone send a message to me on Facebook (Tracee Pettee) so I get my answers? I am attaching a photo of one of my Silkies because to me, it looks like she/he has an abnormal growth on her beak!

Attachments

• ThelmaBeak.jpg
    ThelmaBeak.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 13
I will likely never find this thread again! I've had multiple strokes causing brain damage. I don't know if it's allowed or not but can someone send a message to me on Facebook (Tracee Pettee) so I get my answers? I am attaching a photo of one of my Silkies because to me, it looks like she/he has an abnormal growth on her beak!
@TraceeP1 Hopefully you see this. This "abnormal" growth is the comb. Silkies have walnut combs. This bird is a cockerel. 😊

Third one looks like it could be a roo. I typically sex mine by their comb. The tinier flatter ones are always girls. I noticed the boys combs are usually more rigid and bumpy, like they stick up more. It's easy to tell in any age, but isn't 100%

@TraceeP1 Hopefully you see this. This "abnormal" growth is the comb. Silkies have walnut combs. This bird is a cockerel. 😊
Thanks so much for the reply! My husband, who knows nothing about Silkies other than than he loves to hold him, said "it's a boy" LOL He's almost a year old and has never tried to mount his roommate, and has never crowed! His name by the way is Thelma as in Thelma and Louise the movie hahahaha

Back
Top Bottom