Silkie Sexing Project 2.0

Thanks! No, it's not too late, feel free! :)
Awesome, thank you!
Here are my guesses:

RBf male
RWt female
RBk female
RBu female
RSp female

PBf male
PWt female
PBk male
PBu female
PSp female

OBf female
OWt male
OBk female
OBu female
OSp female

GBf female
GWt male
GBk female
GBu female
GSp male

BBf female
BWt male
BBk male
BBu male
BSp male

Very interesting! We are now up to a 48% consensus amongst participant guessers, with 20% of the remaining 52% being 50/50 split*. I hypothesize that the accuracy of y'all's guesses will increase over time as the birds develop, so it'll be very informative to see if that actually happens once I receive the DNA sexing results!

*My guesses are excluded from this tally, as they are just for fun.

Very interesting! We are now up to a 48% consensus amongst participant guessers, with 20% of the remaining 52% being 50/50 split*. I hypothesize that the accuracy of y'all's guesses will increase over time as the birds develop, so it'll be very informative to see if that actually happens once I receive the DNA sexing results!

*My guesses are excluded from this tally, as they are just for fun.
I extra didn't look at what all the others guessed before I had finished my guess.
After finishing it was very interesting to see what everybody guessed.
I'm looking forward to follow your project and to get to know someday who of your little sweeties is a boy and who a girl!

I'm still debating on whether I will wait until crow/lay to confirm the sex or if I'll pay for DNA testing. Perhaps if I can find a group discount, lol, I'll go for the latter. Any suggestions on that would be appreciated.
I see you chose DNA testing, but if you butcher any of them you can check the gender at that time, too. (Just because it's nice to confirm things when you can.)

I see you chose DNA testing, but if you butcher any of them you can check the gender at that time, too. (Just because it's nice to confirm things when you can.)

While I do often process surplus cockerels, I try to find them homes first, especially for personable breeds like the Silkie. Apparently DNA testing is 99.9% accurate when you do it right (the collecting the samples part), and I am pretty meticulous when I wanna be so the results should be sound.

Alright y'all, the picture is ready! If there's anything y'all would like me to include next time let me know. The bigger they get the more of them I'll probably show, since there'll actually be something to see 😂. I tried to improve the lighting and made a clear format to hopefully make it the easiest it can be using pictures for your awesome selves to help me out with this!

View attachment 2607053
I hope it's not too late, and I hope I'm allowed to join, but these are my guesses!
Screenshot 2021-04-14 at 2.02.49 PM - Edited.png

Blue=Boy
Red=Girl

Attachments

• 1618422575586.png
    1618422575586.png
    7 MB · Views: 9
I'm waiting for inclusion of which ones crow/lay before I make my guesses. :lau

But seriously, I'm very curious to watch this thread as my little silkie is just a few days younger than these and I'm very much hoping she's a girl.

EDIT to add my guesses ... which I feel compelled to do now. (I treat each week separately, without looking at my previous guesses.)

Attachments

• Week1Edit.png
    Week1Edit.png
    4.3 MB · Views: 12
  • Week2Edit.png
    Week2Edit.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 12
  • Week3Edit.png
    Week3Edit.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 9
Last edited:

Back